I think I’m going to have a lot of free-time this coming week, which is a nice treat after my recent complaining and falling apart over working so much! I’m really looking forward to lots of relaxation, tea drinking, book reading and watching clouds float by while sitting on the balcony. I’m also planning to catch up on some stuff that needs to be done and treat myself to a few special ‘goodies’.
Here’s my current TO DO list:
1. Get our insurance cards from work. Our insurance should all be sorted out by now so tomorrow I have to head to work and HOPEFULLY pick our cards or whatever up from the accountant’s office. I will feel very relieved to finally have those in my clutches and know we are covered by some sort of insurance policy.
2. Make a doctor’s appointment to get my back checked out. Or an appointment with a chiropractor. I’ve never seen one before, but maybe that will be more helpful. Anyone who has had a back injury or seen a chiropractor before- I’d love to hear your advice.
3. GO TO THE HAMAM! I haven’t been to the hamam in aaaaages. Far too long. I am determined to pamper myself this week and that is a necessary stop, as far as I’m concerned.
4. Clean the balcony. I need to scrub bird poop off the rails and the ‘floor’, get rid of or do something with some unused flower pots out there and a bag of dirt, strip the warped top of the table, clean off the table cloth, wash the ‘floor’ and wipe off all the chairs. I want to make more use of the balcony, and it will be much more inviting after a good clean.
5. Get my hair cut. Dead ends. That’s all I need to say.
6. Catch up on phone calls and emails to family and friends.
7. Write poetry. Read books. Do yoga. Breath. Think happy thoughts. Eat delicious food. Maybe indulge in a glass or two of wine. Enjoy being alive. Etc.
I plan to put some extra work into lesson planning for my next-week classes, because I felt today’s lessons were a bit dull and I hate when that happens. I also have some teaching books to read. But I don’t want to mar my beautiful list with any work-related things at the moment.
Anyway, I’m so looking forward to this week! I’m having a sort of retreat week, and I’m going to indulge in healthy, fun and creative pursuits and rejuvenate myself!